Using Location based target marketing to bring together online and offline users
Location based marketing or geo target marketing in real terms is bringing the offline and online consumer under one place irrespective of where the individual is. The idea being, to bring them under one single place to interact and engage with the brand and in return enjoy a wonderful brand and product experience.
Over the years we have done geo target marketing or location based marketing campaigns for Brands across Industries of Hospitality, Retail etc and the results were superb.
What is needed:
- Every powerful campaign needs content from the brands to be successful. Well planned content that is real and speaks the brands tone and language. So the first step is to get content that talks the way the brand communicates.
- Add to it offers that entice you as a consumer
- Provide users access to tools (simple to use and preferably the ones that can be used across various technology devices with ease eg Android, PC, Blackberry, iPhone etc)
- Finally integrate all of it under one Brand page.
Remember, it’s never just the “tool” or “app” or “website” alone that does the magic. These tools are merely mediums and channels for you to get the end users to engage with the brand. The real treat are the value-add and the way these services are marketed to the online and offline users.
Sites like Gowalla, Foursquare, Facebook places, Google Plus hangouts etc play an important role while integrating the above elements together. What’s needed here is a combination of Technology skills with a clear understanding of your brand marketing strategy and process.
Now with the advent of Gamification (integrating spot gratification tools and engaging users to ‘use brand services and promote’ by becoming an online brand ambassador and in return winning discounts, gifts, coupons, freebies, premium badges etc), that coupled with technology of Near Field Communication (NFC) – (read our YourSMQ Magazine Vol 2 – Samsung Galaxy Nexus features to know more), sharing and engaging users with relevant information is becoming more and more easy everyday.
Thus an integration of varied services, apps, gamification tools, websites, QRCode, Geo Target Marketing services, technology tools (like NFC, GPS, Bluetooth messaging, etc) at the right time with the right set of users is what makes this process a fun, engaging and gratifying experience, both for the marketer and the end user.
We have been able to increase check-ins for our service users brands considerably by integrating many of the above features to suit their brand style and communication over the years and the response has been amazing, both, from the users and the brands.
Have you tried using a location based service as a marketer or as a consumer? If yes, how and what has been your experience so far?
Do share your comments and views with me here.
Related Posts or Links:
- Industry Customized Social media marketing Services ~ Quick Link Form
- Your SMQ Social Media Quotient Magazine Vol 2 is here
- Is Social Media Marketing really for you? First, know Your SMQ
- Lots for the consumer and more for your brand